Purpose and Objectives
The objectives of this team building include but not limited to:
- Enable teams socialize away from the working environment and to administer synergy, as well as motivating them
- Determine strong points of individual personality, such as leadership skills, team work, communication skills etc. as It will ensure synergies and staff working together which in turn assist in creating a good working environment with good staff interaction and networking.
- To align teams to their share purpose, goals and targets
To establish a positive team culture
About Team Building, Leadership, Communication & Customer Care(TLCC)
TLCC include activities which ensure that goals are consistently being met in an effective and efficient manner. TLCC focuses on the performance of an organization, a department, employee, or even the processes to build a product of service, as well as many other areas. TLCC is also known as a process by which organizations align their resources, systems and employees to strategic objectives and priorities.
Armstrong and Baron (1998) defined it as a “Strategic and integrated approach to increase the effectiveness of companies by improving the performance of the people who work in them and by developing the capabilities of teams and individual contributors.” It is possible to get all employees to reconcile personal goals with organizational goals and increase productivity and profitability of an organization using this process. This helps staff to appreciate, comprehend and internalize the company values and the strategic direction, as well as embrace the organization vision oat all times.
Stan Consulting Group Ltd therefore ties its activities into experiential learning that ensures the most critical areas are addressed. Our team builders are expert trainers in the targeted areas, thus are able to deduce, deduct and induce the most ingenious lessons from the team itself; we foster an environment that allows individuals and teams to manifest their strengths, weaknesses, attitudes, gaps, fears and dissatisfaction.
Through our expertly crafted Debriefs/Post-activity feedback we allow the team to draw lessons and build remedies. What we give back is a dynamic and cohesive team of staff that you can count on.
Our team building training enhances distinct and collective skills of the individuals and teams. We innovatively simulate and relate the activities to on-job experiences to ensure learning is practical and relevant.
Team Building Key Benefits
- Improving communication (internal and external)
- Motivating a team
- Getting to know each other
- Getting everyone "onto the same page", including goal setting
- Teaching the team self-regulation strategies
- Helping participants to learn more about themselves (strengths andweaknesses)
- Identifying and utilizing the strengths of team members
- Improving individual /team productivity
- Practicing effective collaboration with other employees
- Conflict management
- Personal relationships
Stan Consulting Group Ltd uses interactive training methods so as to accommodate the needs of the participants . The methods include, short videos, group discussions, brainstorming, role play, group work and team activities.
- LCD Projector
- Flip chart boards
- Flip charts
- Board markers
- Writing materials
Team Building Exercises
This type of team building exercise is exactly what it sounds like. Communications exercises are problem solving activities that are geared towards improving communication skills. The issues teams encounter in these exercises are solved by communicating effectively with each other.
Goal: Create an activity which highlights the importance of good communication in team performance and/or potential problems with communication.
Problem-solving/decision-making exercises focus specifically on groups working together to solve difficult problems or make complex decisions. These exercises are some of the most common as they appear to have the most direct link to what the institution want their leaders to be able to do.
Goal: Give the participants a problem in which the solution is not easily apparent or requires them to come up with a creative solution.
These exercises focus on aspects of planning and being adaptable to change. These are important things for employees to be able to do when they are assigned complex tasks or decisions.
Goal: Show the importance of planning before implementing a solution
A trust exercise involves engaging learners in a way that will induce trust between them. They are sometimes difficult exercises to implement as there are varying degrees of trust between individuals.
Employees bonding sessions, & sponsored fun activities to get to know fellow team members (sometimes intending also to inspire creativity).Personal development activities -individual programs given to the trainees (sometimes physically challenging).
Employees development activities -group-dynamic games designed to help individuals discover how they approach a problem, how they work together, and discover better methods. Psychological analysis of staff roles, and training on how to work better together (and combinations of the above) Employee’s interaction involves "soft" interpersonal skills including communication, negotiation, leadership, and motivation -in contrast to technical skills directly involved with the job at hand. Depending on the type of team building, the novel tasks can encourage or specifically teach interpersonal team skills to increase team performance.
Other Team Building Activities
- Introduction and Ice breaker (Simba Tetwe). This activity brings out the importance of Communication and listening to instructions, scrutinizing information. Individual Communication is assessed to determine the effectives of the team.
- Group Dynamics: These are Ice breakers that encourage Creativity and team work. (Team Name, Team Captain, Creative Chants are specified) Rabbit, Wall and Arrow: This activity primarily deals with Intuition and Strategy
- Elephant Tails: This focuses on enhancing team health of the individual in the team as well as the Bond and Unity in a team.
- Toxic City: This focuses on Strategy with the available resources. It brings out Trust and the bond in a team which is key for organization.
- Pipeline: Focuses on appreciation to departmental and individuals workloads, Leadership and Strategy.