Procurement organizations are playing a more strategic role than ever before, helping companies achieve and sustain a competitive advantage by keeping costs low, providing goods and services efficiently and effectively, and drawing on the innovation and quality insights of suppliers. Their key challenges include balancing risks and savings, finding and training the right people, and operating in a global environment.
Well-designed sourcing initiatives can generate substantial savings of a company‘s purchasing costs. We work closely with our clients to deliver and sustain those cost improvements, improve cross-functional collaboration, develop new capabilities and more streamlined processes, and build stronger, more productive supplier relationships.
Our primary areas of focus include these seven topics:
- Strategy Development. SCG works with its clients to ensure that the strategy and approach of procurement are aligned with corporate strategy and positioned to deliver the maximum value.
- Category Sourcing Strategy Development. We help our clients create and implement strategies for cutting costs across all their purchasing categories.
- Global Sourcing. We help organizations reduce costs by developing the right skills, establishing new processes, and understanding local customs and suppliers.
- Supplier Relationship Management. SCG shows companies how to draw on suppliers as a valuable source of innovation and how to involve them in rethinking all costs along the value chain.
- Commodity Sourcing. SCG can help establish strategic sourcing programs that ensure an ongoing supply of key inputs at the lowest possible cost.
- Supplier Payment Management. We help our clients improve their cash flow by reviewing and rethinking supplier-payment policies and processes.
- Organization and Change Management. SCG‘s proven expertise in this area ensures that the right capabilities, governance structures, and metrics are in place to drive real, sustainable change.